Friday 29 April 2011

Pop goes the blog cherry :D

Hey Guys and welcome to Lipstick & Pennies!

This is my first ever post on my first ever blog! First off i want you guys to get to know me and what i want to acheive with this blog.

My name is Joanne (or Jo for short) i studied beauty therapy at college and been forever obsessed with make up!
From the age of about five i remember watching my Nan apply her powder make up in the large mirror in her hallway and asking her for some make up for my birthday. i remember the tiny bright coloured palette of eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks she bought for me and said i could have it 'when i'm older' every visit would see me peek in the cupboard to see if it was still there and ask her if i could have it yet :). Fast forward a few years and it was my Aunty that really got me into make up by teaching me everything she knew about make up and how important it is to never leave the house without atleast a few coats of mascara! 
Mostly i experiment with new make up buys on myself or my sister but i have also been assistant make up artist on a music video and also done bridal/mother of the bride/bridesmaids make up too.

Today make up is a billion pound business with everything from the dior/chanel/lancome boutique products to the poundland/primark value range and everything inbetween. Not only is it about Brands or the price tag but about what the products contains, does it contain parabens? is it vegan? tested on animals? Minerals? does all this really matter? I want to show you how to gather a collection of make up that you can create great looks with without costing loads of money.
Mission statement: I want to use this blog to arm you with the knowledge of-
  • How to look after your skin,
  • What to look for when buying your make up,
  • How to use your make up,
  • Tools of the trade, 
  • Make up looks
  • Hauls and make up reviews
  • and more importantly how to cut the cost of looking good!
Thanks for reading, i hope you follow my blog and tell your friends about the blog plus any constructive feed back you have for me is welcome!!!

Love Jo x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment